The Inclusivity Project 2019
~Make an Impact ~
Many segments of society are dealing with a variety of issues such as poverty, hunger or homelessness, marginalization, civic disengagement, environmental concerns or challenges due to disabilities. With that, Prairie Land School Division encourages our students to become actively engaged citizens who recognize the opportunity to work together with the goal of improving life in our communities and society for all.
Participation in this contest will provide high school students with an opportunity to react positively to unjust circumstances and make a positive impact on the lives of others.
Students in Prairie Land will design and implement a project that addresses a social, environmental, inclusivity, or civic issue in their community and attempt to relieve or resolve the issue.
As a result of participation in this project, students will have the opportunity to:
- identify a need in society, to address a local issue
- become agents of change as they positively impact society
- effectively demonstrate the impact of their project to a panel of judges using the presentation style of their choice.
Judges will base their final decision on which project had the largest positive impact on society.
- Register: your team by October 10, 2019 by emailing email@example.com
- Project design and implementation: October 1 - November 28, 2019.
- Preliminary Judging: Submit a video presentation (maximum 8 minutes) to Ellen Vanderkolk by 12:00 Noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2019
Final Judging - Monday, December 16, 2019 - Teams will give a 15 minute presentation (in person) in front of a panel of judges from outside Prairie Land.
Grand Prize: Two week cultural immersion trip to The Caribbean Island of Roatan, Honduras. Participating students will spend time volunteering at local schools and lending humanitarian assistance to local charities, as well as being immersed in a variety of cultural experiences and tours in Roatan in February 2020.
Alternate Grand Prize: Option of receiving a scholarship for post secondary school in place of the trip is available.